Cauliflower Tacos with Feta Cream
Combining the earthy and zesty flavors of our Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce with roasted cauliflower is a naturally balanced combination. Not to mention that the nutty texture of the sauce helps to create a light crispy texture on the cauliflower for extara bite. Don't limit the cauliflower to a taco filling; use on its own as a side dish or add to a hearty quinoa bowl. Buen Provecho!
- 1 Cauliflower Head – cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce
- 8 Corn Tortillas, warmed
For Feta Crema:
- 1 cup Feta Cheese – crumbled
- 1 cup Mexican style Crema, Sour Cream, or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- Avocado Slices
- Preheat oven to 425°F or the high roast setting. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce to cauliflower bowl and combine to coat the florets well. Transfer cauliflower to baking sheet and roast in oven until cooked through, for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make Feta Crema. In a small bowl combine crema with crumbled feta cheese and whisk together. Set bowl aside and keep leftover cheese for extra garnish, if desired.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, transfer back to bowl. Assemble tacos by placing cauliflower in center of warm tortilla, top with cabbage, cilantro, avocado and a drizzle of feta crema.
Serves 6 - 8 tacos