Ancho Chile & Tamarind Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 4 cups of florets)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk for vegan: use water or almond or soy milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or grease well with oil. Preheat oven to 400-425 F.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces/florets.
- Mix the water, milk, flour, and Ancho Chile & Tamarind sauce in a medium mixing bowl-- mix well, until the batter is thick.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter, either one by one or in batches. Shake off excess batter and lay the cauliflower pieces on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over halfway through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, get your remaining Ancho Chile & Tamarind sauce and in and heat in a small sauce pan, mixing in a little bit of water to thin out sauce. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl and add warm Ancho Chile & Tamarind sauce. Toss cauliflower flourets to coat evenly and place back on baking sheet. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until reached desired crispness. Serve with ranch, blue cheese, or your favorite vegan dipping sauce. Enjoy!