Beet & Goat Cheese Toast
Who doesn’t love a wonderful cheese appetizer or snack? Although you can always count on the cheese varieties from the Old World countries, I prefer to showcase our domestic artisanal cheeses. To make this recipe, I used a Triple Cream Goat Cheese from New York. Its flavors are a sublimely sweet, tart and salty combination with a creamy texture that will have you wondering if you are having the most amazing butter ever. The ground nuts in the Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce highlight the grassy notes of the goat cheese and the tart hibiscus livens up the earthy beets. Serve this as an appetizer or alongside your charcuterie and cheese boards.
- French Bread Slices, toasted
- Creamy Goat Cheese, spreadable texture
- 4 large red or golden Beets – cooked, peeled and sliced*
- SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce
- 2 oz. Pistachios, roughly chopped
*Cooking Suggestion for Beets; cook in water with cinnamon
stick, 1 teaspoon allspice, 1 star anise and 2 cloves over medium
heat until cooked through, approximately 30-45 minutes. Allow to
cool, peel and slice into rounds.
1. Spread the toasted French bread with the creamy goat cheese and top with beets.
2. Drizzle SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce to your liking and garnish with chopped pistachios.