Braised Short Ribs in Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
Infuse your short ribs with an explosion of flavor! Slowly cook your ribs down with this sauce and taste the rich and subtle smoky ingredients in each fork tender bite.
This is a great entertaining recipe because you can start the recipe the day before and just let it cook in the oven a couple hours before your guests arrive.
- 5 lbs. Bone-In Beef Short Ribs
- 3 tbsp. Oil (vegetable, grapeseed or canola)
- 4 c. Unsalted Beef Stock
- 1 12 ounce jar of SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season ribs generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or iron skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add short ribs and brown until ribs are brown and crusty on all sides. Transfer ribs to a separate dish.
- Pour out all excess oil from Dutch oven and return to medium heat. Add SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce and stir in the beef stock, mix well together. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add short ribs and make sure they are submerged in sauce. Bring to a boil, cover and transfer pot to oven.
- Braise short ribs until they are very tender, approximately 2 – 2 ½ hours. Once tender, uncover pot and continue to braise in the oven for another 5 -10 minutes so the ribs get a slightly thick glaze on top. Serve ribs warm with plenty of that delicious sauce.
Serves 6. Leftovers? Use the meat from the ribs to make an incredibly tasty sandwich for lunch the next day.
mix it up
Also great to use with SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce.