#brunch · #cheese · breakfast · easterrecipe · easyrecipe ·
- Butter, softened
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound Loaf of Bakery French Bread, crust removed and bread sliced in ½” cubes
- 1 cup SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus sauce
- ½ pound Pork Sausage, casing removed and cooked (optional)
- 1 small Green Apple, small dice
- 1 cup Queso Fresco or Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Using butter, grease a 9x6 inch glass or baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add bread cubes and soak bread evenly. Layer one third of soaked bread and top with ½ cup of SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce, half the sausage, half the apple, ½ cup of queso fresco. Repeat layering one more time. Top final layer with bread, Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce and shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling and edges have begun to brown. Remove foil and continue to bake for another few minute to let cheese top get golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow Strata to sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving warm.
Leave a comment