The day after Thanksgiving, use your leftover turkey to make these insanely delicious enchiladas. But before and after the big bird holiday; use shredded chicken instead. The pumpkin mole dances gloriously with the queso fresco and pomegranate seeds. This recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen too!
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced half moons
- 1 bunch of Kale, stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 12 ounce jar SALSAOLOGY Pumpkin Mole Sauce
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and kale and sauté for 3 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Add chicken stock and continue to cook until kale cooks through, approximately 4 minutes. Add shredded chicken to vegetables and mix together, continue to cook until chicken is warmed through, another 3 minutes. Transfer filling to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of remaining oil in a pan over medium high heat. Using tongs, submerge a tortilla in oil, turning once, frying for 5 seconds on each side. Tortilla will slightly puff up and become pliable. Transfer tortilla to a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- In a small sauce pot, heat SALSAOLOGY Pumpkin Mole Sauce. Pour about 1 cup of the sauce into a skillet or pie dish. Dip each tortilla into Pumpkin Mole Sauce, turning to coat both sides. Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken and kale filling each in the center of the tortilla. Roll up tortilla with the seam side down and transfer to a platter. Repeat until all enchiladas are completed.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top off with queso fresco and pomegranate seeds over top of enchiladas platter. Serve immediately.