Chicken Tinga Tostadas
Tinga is a traditional Mexican dish preparation made with shredded chicken and a tomato based sauce whose essential ingredient is the chipotle chile. Although tinga has its origin in the central state of Puebla, tinga is prepared throughout other regions with variations that use pork, beef and even sardines. Making tinga using our Chile Ancho & Tamarind Sauce, which gets its smoky flavors from chipotle peppers, helps bring this tasty and satisfying dish to the table fast and easily. Use the tinga mixture as a filling for tacos, torta sandwiches or quesadillas.
- 2 ½ pounds of Chicken skinless and boneless, breasts or thighs
- 1 jar SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 1 cup Water or Chicken Stock
- 8-10 Tostadas, homemade or store bought
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Radishes, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Place chicken in a Dutch oven or medium sized pot. Season chicken with salt.
- Add 1 jar of SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce and 1 cup of chicken stock or water. Cover pot and simmer on medium heat until chicken is cooked through, approximately 20 minutes for white meat and 40 minutes for dark meat.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a plate and using two forks, shred meat. Combine shredded chicken with sauce from pot.
- To assemble tostadas; add sauced shredded chicken and top with crumbled queso fresco, radishes and avocado slices. Serve warm.
Number of servings (yield): 4