Chilaquiles is a traditional Mexican dish made for breakfast or brunch which is typically made using leftover tortillas and salsa from the night before. Using SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce and store bought tortilla chips, this recipe simplifies the traditional ones so that you can have a delicious breakfast in minutes. Fried eggs are preferred here for the yolk sauce that makes it even better, but scrambled eggs or shredded chicken are common substitutes. Anyway you have them, you will always want to start your mornings with these easy to make chilaquiles!
- 12 ounce Jar SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock or Water
- 8 ounce Tortilla Chips
- 1 medium onion, medium chop
- ½ cup Queso Fresco or Parmesan Cheese, crumbled
- 4 Fried Eggs, optional
- In a large deep skillet warm up SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce with stock. Stirring often, allow sauce to come to a low boil, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add in tortilla chips and gently mix to ensure that all the tortilla chips are coated with sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer until the tortillas begin to soften.
- Top with onion and cheese. Serve chilaquiles immediately with fried egg.
mix it up
Add shredded chicken for a meaty version
Number of servings (yield): 4