Cochinita Pibil - Conventional Oven
This iconic Yucatan style dish uniquely combines sweet, sour and earthy ingredients that roast pork morsels to perfection. Use our SALSAOLOGY Pibil One Pot Simmer Sauce
- 2 lbs. Pork Shoulder – cut into medium pieces
- Pibil One Pot Simmer Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Season pork with salt to taste. Place seasoned meat in a dutch oven. If using a casserole pan, place foil in pan;enough to wrap meat with sauce.
- Pour Pibil One Pot Simmer Sauce and water to combine well with sauce and pork.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook 2-3 hours – until the meat is fork tender.
- Serve Cochinita Pibil with white rice, black beans and red pickled onions. Or shred and use to fill tacos.
Leave a comment