This iconic Yucatan style dish uniquely combines sweet, sour and earthy ingredients that roast pork morsels to perfection. Use our SALSAOLOGY Pibil One Pot Simmer Sauce
- 2 lbs. Pork Shoulder – cut into medium pieces
- Pibil One Pot Simmer Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- Season pork with salt to taste. Place seasoned meat in slow cooker bowl, pour Pibil One Pot Simmer Sauce and water to combine well with sauce.
- Cover and cook on “Low” for 5-6 hours – until the meat is fork tender.
- Serve Cochinita Pibil with white rice, black beans and Red Pickled Onions.