Grilled Ribeye Steaks
The best pairing for our Tres Chiles & Mezcal sauce is all things beef. The unique blend of robust chiles and the smoky notes from the mezcal create magic with the fattiness of ribeye steaks. Use the sauce as a one ingredient marinade and as a steak sauce for extra flavor!
- 2 Ribeye Steaks , 1.5 lbs. each
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup SALSAOLOGY Tres Chiles & Mezcal Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Season Ribeyes with salt and pepper. Rub ½ cup of SALSAOLOGY Tres Chiles & Mezcal Sauce into steaks and refrigerate covered, for at least 1 hour, but the longer it marinades the better!
- Preheat grill to high heat. Using tongs and a paper towel dipped in olive oil, wipe grates. Place ribeye steaks on grill and cook, approximately 6 minutes on each side for medium rare; more or less time depending on the weight of the steak. If using a thermometer, the temperature should be 140°F when you pull the steaks off the grill.
- Allow steaks to rest for at least 8-10 minutes, loosely covered with foil. Slice and serve with extra salt and Tres Chiles & Mezcal Sauce for the table.
Number of servings (yield): 4