Lobster and Fideo Soup
- 3 tbsp. SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce
- 2 - 1lb. live Lobsters or substitute with 1 lb. of fresh large Shrimp
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 7oz package of Fideos pasta (Virmecelli pasta)
- 4 c. Chicken Stock
- Sea Salt
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil over high heat.
2. Add the lobsters head first and cook for 5 minutes. Remove with tongs and place in a bowl or cookie sheet set aside and allow to cool.*
3. Reserve 1 c. of the boiling liquid.
4. When lobsters are cool, remove tails and claws. With scissors remove shell from tail by cutting down the middle of the tail on bottom. Crack claws and remove claw meat. Cut lobster into desired portions,cover and set aside.
5. In a medium sized pot, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat.
6. Add the fideos stirring constantly until they are a toasty brown about 5 minutes.
7. Add 2 c. of the chicken stock and then stir in 3 tbsp. of Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce.
8. Reduce to low heat. Add the 1 c. of reserved boiling liquid, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
9. Add the remaining 2 c. of chicken stock. Add 2 tsp. of salt combine well and cover.
10. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until fideos are al dente.
11. Serve fideo soup in bowls and top with lobster.
* If using shrimp: Peel and devein shrimp. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté for approximately 4 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. of butter and turn off heat. Set aside.
makes 4 servings