- 1 Cup Kabocha Squash*, peeled small dice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb of Oyster Mushrooms, pulled apart
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup SALSAOLOGY Pumpkin Mole Sauce
- 6 Tortillas
- Queso Fresco, crumbled**
- Toasted Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add squash with salt and pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes, or until squash is fork tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook mushrooms with salt and pepper until soft, approximately 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from heat and combine with squash for taco filling.
- Warm up SALSAOLOGY Pumpkin Mole sauce in a small saucepan or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Spread a spoonful of Pumpkin Mole sauce on tortillas, layer with squash and mushroom mix, and top each taco with queso fresco and pepitas. Drizzle extra pumpkin mole if desired. Buen Provecho!
- makes about 6 tacos
* Any type of squash like butternut squash or acorn squash will work perfectly well in this recipe.
**To make the recipe vegan, substitute queso fresco for your favorite vegan cheese.