Roasted Potato Salad
This recipe is always a crowd favorite, probably because it’s a zesty facelift to the familiar potato salad found at park tables everywhere. Roasting the potatoes not only gives it a hearty bite, but it avoids over cooking and serving crumbly spuds. The sliced onions give the salad a zesty crunch and works magic with the salami, should you choose to go the carnivorous route. But let’s be honest, what really livens up this classic dish is our dressing made with light Mexican cream and our Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce to give it that smoky tang that makes this recipe dynamite!
- 2 pounds Baby Potatoes, cut in halves lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Mexican Cream
- 2 tablespoon SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 1/3 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced half moons
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 ounces Salami Slices, cut into strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil and salt. Transfer potatoes and spread on a cookie sheet and roast in oven, turning once until potatoes are golden brown and tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix Mexican Cream and SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce. Set aside
- Combine potatoes and cream dressing in a large bowl. Add red onion slices, parsley and as an option, add salami slices. Serve and enjoy!