- 2 lbs. Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Barbacoa One Pot Simmer Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Water
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES: Diced Onion, Cilantro, Lime Wedges, Favorite Spicy Salsa
- Season beef with salt to taste. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat in Dutch oven or medium sized pot. Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Bring heat to a low and pour Barbacoa One Pot Simmer Sauce and 1 1/2 cups of water to pot and stir to combine and coat meat with sauce mix. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover tightly and cook on low for 2 hours— until the meat is fork tender. Alternatively, you can place Dutch oven in a preheated 325 degrees oven and cook for 2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Shred meat using two forks and toss beef with the juices. Use shredded beef to fill tacos, burritos, or top rice and bean bowls.