Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken cut into small pieces
- 8 cups Water or Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 15 oz can of Corn Kernels
- 15 oz can of Black beans
- Tortilla Chips or Homemade Fried Tortilla Strips
- Cheese - Monterey Jack, Cheddar or Cotija Cheese
- Avocado Slices
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeño Slices
- Season chicken with salt to taste and place in a large pot with 8 cups of chicken stock or water. Cook on low medium for 15 minutes. (At this point you can remove chicken and shred or leave chicken pieces for heartier bites).
- Add Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce, corn, and black beans to soup and stir to combine well. Bring to a slow simmer allowing flavors to come together. If chicken was shredded, return to soup. Cover and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve bowls of warm soup and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy - Buen Provecho!
Leave a comment