Jicama and Citrus Salad
This salad takes inspiration from the delicious and refreshing fruit cups sold from the street carts found throughout Mexico. A mix of jicama, mango, pineapple and oranges are dressed in lime juice and seasoned with salt and chili powder. The tang and spice from the Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce evoke that same sweet, zesty and salty flavors as a dressing over refreshing jicama and citrus slices in a
beautiful green salad with the option to add chicken or shrimp for a heartier meal.
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Ruby grapefruit
- 6 cups of Mixed Greens
- 1 small (1 pound) Jicama, peeled and diced medium
- 2 Avocados, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 pack of Watercress
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 2 ounces Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
1. With a knife, peel the skin and remove the bitter white pith from the oranges and grapefruits. Over a small bowl, slice out the citrus segments by cutting them out between the membranes.
2. In a large bowl place the mixed greens, jicama, avocado, watercress and add the citrus segments.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to combine and evenly dress salad. Garnish with toasted pepitas, serve and enjoy.